- Masks Required Guidance (updated 8-31-2021) https://www.wilkescountyschools.org/apps/news/article/1486434
- NCDHHS StrongSchools guidance - https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/
- CDC guidance -- https://www.cdc.gov/
coronavirus/2019-ncov/ community/schools-childcare/k- 12-guidance.html
- American Academy of Pediatrics guidance - https://services.aap.org/en/
pages/2019-novel-coronavirus- covid-19-infections/clinical- guidance/covid-19-planning- considerations-return-to-in- person-education-in-schools/
Important Updates - 8/18/2021
We are excited to be back together at school. Keeping your children safe is our priority at Wilkesboro Elementary. The recent increase in Covid-19 cases locally creates new challenges for the start of school.
In order to keep our school safe for students and staff, we will practice these policies for the start of school in 2021-2022.
- We will allow parents to walk children to the front building doors, but we will NOT allow parents / guardians to enter buildings and walk children to classrooms. This policy applies to all parents of K-5th grade students.
- We will allow visitors to school only with a scheduled appointment. Families and volunteers are an important part of our school, and we want you here. Please make arrangements in advance with a staff member.
- For the time being, no parents/guardians will be allowed to join students for lunch. We are returning to the cafeteria on an alternating day schedule and routines are not yet established. We will notify parents when they can join children again for an occasional lunch at school.
- Morning carline will run from 7:25 and last until 7:55 due to group limits.
We welcome parents, guardians, and volunteers to our school. While current health guidance allows non-essential visitors, it is important that we provide as safe an environment as possible. We ask that all visitors to our campus:
- Consider wearing a mask for the safety of others. While not required by WCS, masks are recommended for all people in K-5 schools by NCDHHS.
- Remain safely socially-distanced from others not in your household.
- Sanitize hands on arrival and practice good hygiene while here.
- Sign in and out on our visitor log and get a pass from the front office.
These policies will allow for contact tracing if necessary and will provide a safer, more controlled environment for all children. As circumstances change, we will adjust our policies to continue to meet the needs of our school community. We will have increased staff on duty to help children get where they need to go in these first days of school.
Thank you for your support as we get this new school year started. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Spears or Mrs. Byers.